This small guide is ment to introduce the newcomers in Eyrda to the game interface of Forsaken World.
1. Character Icon
This graphic contains all the basic information on the character:
- Graphic on the side symbolises class (hovering mouse over it will result in a pop-up border with the class' name written in it).
- Red bar and numbers on it ilustrate character's Health (HP), current/maximum value.
- Blue bar and numbers on it ilustrate charcter's Mana (MP), current/maximum value.
- Green bar is character's Soulforce, when it's 100/100 the use of Soulforce Trinket skill will be enabled.
- After reaching level 30 the border below character portrait will become Wrath bar, showing the amount of Wrath and Soulforce available in PvP.
The small bar bellow triggers more options.
1) First, the circle icon in the row is the Safety Lock settings.
2) The crossed swords button opens PvP settings.
3) Question mark triggers Help Interface.
4) Exclamation mark shows up Forsaken World's Staff welcome message, which also contains few important adresses (main forums and support page).
5) The fifth icon will only show up to characters of level 20 and above, each time they level. It means a new Talent Point was gained by a character and it can be now used in the chosen Talent Tree.
2. World Chat and System Message Window
The upper chat window is where, by default, World Chat and System Messages are shown. This window will also contain inforation on gained soul coins and experience; picked up, crafted, used up or destroyed items.
System messages can inform players of World Boss spawn, on-going Events, awards in Daily Tutorials quests or various players' achievements.
The small bar on the top of the screen (one with Star Crystal x10 on the screenshot) will also contain some important System Messages.
3. Chat Window
This one is regular chat window. Tabs above the chat allow player to switch between six Channels, showing only the neccessary messages. These Channels can be customized in Gameplay tab of Game Settings Menu, to show only messages concerning: Normal , World , Corps, Guild, Party chats, PMs, GM talk, Broadcasts, Damage and Personal informations.
Icons in upper left corner trigger: chatbox options, lock chat and clean up the chat content.
The downwards arrow on the left side of this Chatbox hides both chat windows (the can be revealed again through a small "..." which will show up in lower left corner).
Two icon on the right side of the writing area call up Actions menu (the first, stick figure one), and Smiley's Menu (the '_' one).
4. Skill Bars and Soulforce Trinket skill
Both the bottom skill bar and side skill bars can be extended to 3 rows (the arrow icon on the left side of bottom bar and bottom of the side-bar).
The lock icon on the bottom bar can "lock down" the skills in the Skill bar, so they're not removed accidently while in a tight situation.
The glowing, bigger icon on the left side of the bottom bar is Soulforce Trinket skill. In order to use this skill target must be selected - even though the trinket skills are mostly AoE or directional AoE.
The skill deals lethal damage to common monsters in the area. It's only effective on mobs in a level range designated by the trinket used.
5. Experience bar
The blue-filling bar in the bottom of the screen shows Experience points needed for current level.
If you hover mouse over it, a border will show informing of Current EXP amount, Required EXP to level up and amount of EXP Aid.
On higher levels there is also a small yellow arrow moving across the experience bar. Whenever current EXP level will reach the arrow Health, Mana and Soulforce will be restored to maximum amount.
6. Minimap Interface
Shows up the closest area, and - depending on settings - NPC, monsters and other players in it.
Compass on the bottom of it calls up side bard that allows to change the close-up range of the map. If you hover mouse over the name of area mini-map is currently showing - information on exact coordinates, Realm, Server, Ping and current time in-game will be shown.
Two icons in upper right corner can become very useful especially in later game experience. The arrow calls up a fast menu that can ease lags fast in any emergency. Lower one, reminding a targeting circle - will be especially useful for Crafters and Gatherers. The icon calls up a useful Resource finding tool. After marking the box next to the resource we want to look for minimap will show up plants or mineral veins nearby.
This auto-path bar grants quick access to auto-routing settings, but also remembers last auto-path target (along with location and coordinates shown below it's name) allowing to quickly set character back on it's journey in case it was interrupted (by, for example gathering resources found on the way).
8. Quest Tracker
Allows quick access to basic quest information and autorouting to locations and NPC involved.
Shows up to 20 quests.
9. Main Menu Bar
Grants fast access to all the important options. From left to right :
- Character window (hotkey C)
- Bag (hotkey B)
- Skills Talents and Jobs (hotkey E for basic actions, K for skills or N directly for Talents)
- Quest window (hotkey Q)
- Pet window (hotkey P)
- Party setting and Instance aplications (hotkey T)
- Friends menu (hotkey F)
- Guild and Corps window (hotkey Y)
- Job Interface (hotkey O)
- Event Schedule (U)
- Eyrda Boutique (hotkey J)
- System menu (hotkey F12)
10. Star Sign, World Era and Prayer
The sphere in the middle of top bar marks the passing Star Signs and Eras. Hovering mouse over it will display full information of current Era's progress, Celestial and Lucky Signs and number of Prayers character has made for the day.
In order to Pray, just press the symbol.
11. Usable item
Remember this sparkle well - item it usually covers is one available to use or harvest some quest item from it (in this case, a Footprint Card).
(Gathering and Mining resources don't sparkle, though.)
12. Additional Experience Information
Above the character Icon there will often be visible additional information, regarding experience gained by the character.
- The big symbol with gold and blue star is visible when Server is in double experience mode.
- Following square icon with a blue cross calls up EXP Aid menu.
- The last, medal-like icon symbolises in-game double experience state, gained by using Lionheart Scrolls. This double exp running time can be paused (as seen in the picture). Left-clicking the pause symbol will start up the counter again, and the character will be gaining additional experience then.